The crazy side of a DIY wedding.

I have decided to embrace my crazy and make my own wedding dress. I'm sure many more talented seamstresses than I have attempted and failed, but I'm my own kind of blind-to-my-own-shortcomings kind of persistent. I am convinced that it's going to come out (nearly) perfect, and I'm going to look awesome.


I preordered 8.5 yards (holy crap, that's a lot of fabric) of Rifle Paper Co's "Les Fleurs" fabric (it's the "birch floral rayon in navy"), which apparently will ship in August. I have until then to practice on some less hard-to-come-by rayon.

As of now, I'm planning to make Vogue 8727 (option C, of course). I've had this pattern sitting on the back burner, because it is super fabric-hungry. But the full skirt is gonna be killer.


In the meantime, I've got some rayon I bought at Hart's Fabric in Santa Cruz. I'm planning to make a version of this dress in a few different fabrics. How may full-skirted halter dressed is too many? 

2 comments: