sewing wishlist

There is no better tool for sewing project inspiration than Instagram. I follow (too many) sewing bloggers and independant pattern designers, and every time a photo of a new creation shows up, a light bulb goes off in my head. Yesterday that happened with Caroline Hulse's feed - more specifically, a pair of shorts in one of her patterned knits for Art Gallery Fabrics. 

*Bing* 

"I need shorts..." 

Now, I'm not normally a fan of shorts. But these just looked so cute, so breezy, so comfortable, that I knew I had to have something similar in my life. I arrived at The Purl Bee's "city gym shorts for all ages," which look adequately breezy:

The Purl Bee's "gym shorts for all ages"

Until yesterday, I'd never really explored Art Gallery Fabric's selection. Three hours later (clearly I have excellent time management skills), I managed to wittled down probably 25 browser tabs to these two options: 


Robert Kaufman chambray union + AGF cacti field

This combination is sleek and modern, but still cute and whimsical. I'd like to say that describes my personality, but I doubt I'm as modern as I think I am.  


Robert Kaufman chambray union + AGF whispy daybreak aura

Now this combination - THIS combination - really calls to me. It's whimsical, sweet, feminine - but at the same time, the blank space and the color palette make it feel less fussy. I'm pretty sure I would wear this combination every day if I could. I'm really not as edgy as I think I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment